We will need to block off the parking lot in the morning and after school. The drop off / pick –up zone will be directly in front of the school . Please be advised that unattended vehicles parked in the front of the drop off zone are subject to a parking ticket from El Centro Police. Should you need to park and come into school, please park on the east side of Merrill street or feel free to use street for parking space. Kindergarten students must be picked up from the classroom. Student safety is priority.
Whenever your child is absent from school, please notify the school of the reason for your child’s absence personally or by the telephone (at bottom of website). You may also send a note with your child regarding his/her absence upon his/her return to school.
When you phone the school office to notify them of your child’s absence, you need to give the school the following information: child’s first and last name, name of the person calling and the person’s relationship to the child and the date’s for which the child will be absent and the specific reason for the child not attending school.
To protect all children and to conform with the State Education Code, no child may bring any medication (prescription or nonprescription) to school. If your child needs medication for only a few days or even an extended period of time, and it must be given during school hours, please ask for a Medication Form from the school.
Medication must be delivered by the parent or guardian to the school office in the original labeled prescription or over the counter medication bottle. Written instructions from the licensed State of California doctor or dentist must accompany the medication (prescription or over the counter medicine). The medication will then be recorded by school personnel. Only under these conditions may any medication be left or given by school personnel.
Clothing – Bottoms
1. All pants and shorts must be the proper waist size, length, and leg size with no baggy, oversized, or overlong fit.
2. No pants or shorts may have any type of writing across the rear seat area.
3. Pants may not contain inappropriate logos or emblems.
4. Pants may not be excessively long.
1. The length of shorts, skirts, skorts, and dresses must be within the bounds of decency and in good taste as is appropriate for school. Shorts, skirts, skorts, and dresses may be no shorter than mid-thigh.
1. Shoes must be worn at all times. Athletic shoes are acceptable and encouraged for school wear.
2. Shoes in grades K-6 must have a closed toe. No sandals. No shoes with cleats or “rollers”.
3. All shoes must be worn as intended – buckled, tied, velcro straps fastened, etc., and be age-appropriate.
The principal, staff, students, and parents/guardians at each school may establish reasonable dress and grooming regulations for times when students are engaged in extracurricular or other special school activities.